Overview: Merriam-Webster dictionaries for Android presents popular monolingual and bilingual dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition—America's best-selling desk dictionary—and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged.
Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products. Dictionary making at Merriam-Webster has always been an ongoing process. Even as the 1859 edition was being published, editorial work on a completely new edition was under way.
Merriam-Webster dictionaries for Android presents popular monolingual and bilingual dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition—America's best-selling desk dictionary—and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged.
Merriam-Webster and Paragon—two industry leaders—have joined forces to produce the ultimate dictionary application for Android. Best-selling, authoritative reference meets state-of-the-art technology to provide instantaneous word power with a click.
Improve your language skills with Merriam-Webster dictionary:
* Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now Merriam-Webster dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
* Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form (for English, French and Spanish dictionaries).
* Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Uses Google voice recognition service).
* Audio pronunciations recorded by English native speakers.
* Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
* Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
* Integrate Merriam-Webster dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
* Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Merriam-Webster dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
* Dictionary installation on memory cards.
* Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
* Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
* No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
* To turn on this option, install Merriam-Webster dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Merriam-Webster dictionary.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
Download Instructions: Cracked by QUANTiZE
Replace the original files with the included ones!
(put 3 prc files into sdcard Merriam-Webster dir. install apk file and enjoy)