Requirements: Android 2.1+
Overview: Bria Android Edition – the Mobile SIP Softphone with Voice, SMS, IM and Presence
Bria Android Edition is a SIP-based softphone for your Android OS devices, brought to you by CounterPath – the award winning provider of desktop and mobile VoIP software products and solutions.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Bria Android Edition is a standalone softphone and not a VoIP service. A SIP server or subscription with a SIP-based VoIP provider is required to make calls.**
Featuring superior security settings over other mobile VoIP products, Bria Android Edition allows you to make and receive voice calls over a Wi-Fi or 3G connection on your Android device via an easy-to-use and intuitive user interface. Bria’s enterprise-grade calling functionality includes the ability to swap between two calls, merge calls and perform attended and unattended transfers and more.
NEW!! Messaging and Presence Available – Premium Feature Add-Ons
You can send text-based instant messages and see when your contacts are available. Link to your Google Talk or Facebook accounts to chat with your friends in real-time. Add your enterprise IP PBX account and IM with other employees in your company or contacts in your address book. XMPP and SIP SIMPLE protocols supported. This feature can be purchased within the application under the Premium Features tab.
Premium feature add-ons for Bria Android Edition also include a G.729 low bandwidth audio codec. This feature can also be purchased within the application under the Premium Features tab.
Standard Phone Features
• Support for 8 accounts on any SIP-compliant server
• Pre-defined VoIP Providers list available when adding new accounts on the Accounts screen
• Multi-tasking support for background operation, such as fielding incoming calls while using other applications
• Call display and voicemail indicator
• Voicemail support
• Speakerphone, mute and hold
• A detailed call history pane that displays dialed, answered and missed calls, along with ability to delete entries
• Contact List – leveraging the phone’s native address book
• The ability to work with the native dialer (a.k.a. Call Intercept)
• Ringtones and contact avatars
• Dial plan support (softphone-side)
• Multiple call support - swap between two active calls; merge and split calls; transfer calls
• Audio codecs include G.711a/u, G.722, GSM, iLBC and SILK
• Automatic codec selection to ensure optimal call quality
• DTMF support: the ability to enter number into an auto attendant via RFC 2833 or SIP INFO
• NAT traversal – Application Managed, Server Managed or User Specified; Global IP Support; STUN and ICE
• Media efficiency and quality – Noise Reduction, Echo Cancellation, and VAD (Voice Activation Detection)
• QoS (Quality of Service) - ToS Marking
• Security and Encryption via TLS and SRTP
• Logging support for trouble-shooting
• DNS SRV record lookups
• Presence and Messaging
•Link your Google Talk, Facebook (XMPP) or other SIP-compliant instant messaging/chat platform to chat with your contacts
•Enable your enterprise IP PBX account to send and receive instant messages with colleagues
•Send and receive text messages in real-time
•See when your contacts are available
•Send SMS messages to PSTN numbers (subject to VoIP provider’s SIP SIMPLE/SMS gateway support)
• G.729 low bandwidth audio codec
• Provides excellent audio quality
• Ideal for connections with limited bandwidth, such as 3G
• Reduces the amount of data used during a call
Accessories : The following accessories are supported:
• Headset with microphone: Bria uses the ear-piece and microphone on the headset.
• Headphones (no microphone): Bria uses the ear-piece on the headphone and the built-in microphone on the phone.
Bria Android includes features specifically designed for business and enterprise users, including:
• Optional customized branding for graphic assets and SIP settings
• Additional security settings